Architectural Technician II
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of drafting/design experience in commercial construction
- Proficient use of Autodesk Revit
- Ability to perform preliminary structural analysis for design and estimating purposes
- Knowledge of the International Builders Code, commercial and residential procedures/methods, and state codes, uniform dwelling code and local municipal codes and ordinances
- Lead a team of architectural technicians
- Review drawings of teammates for accuracy and code compliance
- Prepare, schematic, design development and construction documents
- Coordinate working drawings with suppliers and sub-contractors
Responsible for applying technical drafting skills to perform a variety of drafting duties in connection with the development and preparation of architectural plans for the construction of new buildings or renovations of existing buildings. The Architectural Technician will use knowledge of standardized building techniques and CAD systems to draw architectural and structural features of commercial and residential buildings. Architectural technicians are construction drafters that make sure that both the designs of general architects and the calculations of building engineers are combined into an effective building guideline. Since the guideline is often a visual blueprint of these ideas, the technician is responsible for including technical data, such as material lengths, amounts, and weights within a completed design.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare detailed drawings, in accordance with DeLeers Construction design criteria and standards of construction, from preliminary sketches to final detailed working plans per client specification.
- Meet with members of the construction team to evaluate and thoroughly understand the processes going into a specific construction project. The technician will use information garnered from other professionals to create the technical plans for a structure's blueprints.
- Work closely with Team Leaders, Business Development Associates and Project Managers, and interpret and record all project information. Provide creative insight and suggestions, as well as solutions to design problems.
- Coordinate the preparation of job drawings with Department Team Leader, other Architectural Technicians, and Project Managers.
- Prepare drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals.
- Update all drawings as revisions occur and ensure that drawing files reflect correct information at all times. Make changes to accommodate mechanical, engineering, architectural, or client revisions.
- Oversee a team of 2-5 architectural technicians; manage work schedules and capacity, assist with questions and help to problem solve.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer construction-related questions and find solutions to problems as they occur. Ensure that follow-up is handled efficiently and accurately so that projects are not delayed unnecessarily.
- Communicate effectively with architects and external consultants when necessary.
- Maintain accurate time logs for billing purposes.
- Work collaboratively with department colleagues to assist in the development and updating, when necessary, of standards for drawing specs.
- Keep current in industry standards, products, code changes, drafting software by reading published information and attending authorized training and/or participating in company training programs as required, in order to enhance the quality of drawings produced and the efficiency in which they are produced.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed as they are outlined in the Employee Handbook.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works closely with other Department colleagues, Team Leader, Business Development Team, Project Managers, Estimators, and other members of management. Works as an integral part of DeLeers team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Requires an associate’s degree in architectural design and a minimum of 3 years’ experience preparing architectural drawings.
- Complete knowledge of work performed by all construction trades.
- Ability to perform structural analysis for design and estimating purposes.
- Knowledge of the International Building Code, commercial and residential state codes, uniform dwelling code, and local stipulation codes.
- Proficient in the use of computerized drafting software; both Revit and AutoCAD experience are required. Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access). Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment the presentation of CAD designs.
- Strong math skills and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems, propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
Contact for more info and to apply.