FramersResponsible for leading and mentoring job site framing crew as well as for monitoring progress for all framing work and jobsite safety. Directs the day-to-day activities of the framing crew and the on-going decision making pertaining to project planning and production as it relates to framing. Other duties will also include fabricating, constructing and repairing structural woodwork and wood products by following blueprints, drawing, and instructions, using carpentry tools and equipment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill, competency, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with clients, colleagues and subcontractors/laborers to their understanding
- Able to provide legible written and verbal communication
- Ability to resolve problems with appropriate and timely decisions
- Ability to read a tape measure
- At least five (5) years of experience in wood framing at a commercial and/or residential construction company, or completion of an approved technical training program in carpentry or framing, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Knowledge and understanding of methods, materials, tools, framing techniques, equipment and materials used in rough and finished carpentry in commercial/residential settings
- Ability to read blue prints and specifications, and basic knowledge of construction codes and requirements
- Ability to direct and train other framers on a framing crew
- Basic knowledge of OSHA standards and construction safety procedure.
- Ability to use computers and technology effectively for daily job tasks, such as entering timekeeping data into software
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct OSHA compliant safety meetings and follow all safety practices
- Ensure task lists are prepared for crew members on a daily and weekly basis
- Stages job site materials, keeping site clean and efficient
- Assembly of floors, stairs, walls, roofs per building codes, blue prints, and approved shop drawings
Contact for more info and to apply.