Project CoordinatorWorks very closely with the Project Management team and with other internal team members in operations, estimating, accounting, and the field crew. Interacts as an essential part of the Project Management team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Project Managers with all job setup tasks. Includes Timberline job setup, subcontractors and suppliers lists, change management, etc. Prepare new job binders.
- Prepare various documents as requested for Project Managers; create and maintain spreadsheet files, charts, graphs, procedures, etc.
- Develop and update filing systems within the Project Management department. Organize, standardize, and maintain hard copy and electronic files; retrieve information from files when needed.
- Process change order requests as required. Assist with change orders as needed.
- Issue purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Process billings.
- Review and process submittals.
- Process and log job project documentation, including transmittals and submittals. Assist in gathering information for submittal drawings and provide transmittals as needed.
- Regularly attend jobsite meetings with Project Managers. Document jobsite meeting minutes. Conduct project meetings in the absence of a Project Manager.
- Assist Project Managers with monitoring project schedules to be familiar with flow of projects and provide information for scheduling updates.
- Assist in project closeout process and documentation; archive files as required.
- Participate in Project Management Team meetings to record meeting minutes and ensure appropriate follow-through on action items, etc.
- Implement and assist with training activities specific to project management; preparation of training materials and presentation.
- Work closely with Senior Superintendents and/or Superintendents to help manage small projects.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with clients on the finish selection process. Update and/or create finish schedules.
- Scan and organize plans and drawings as needed.
- Keep current and up-to-date with Timberline software updates. Assist with sharing Timberline information/training with Project Managers.
- Provide assistance and support to Field Operations Manager as needed.
- Participates in company training programs and attends authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Performs any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works very closely with the Project Management team and with other internal team members in operations, estimating, accounting, and the field crew. Interacts as an essential part of the Project Management team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in business or related field, and/or preferably at least two years experience in a construction-related environment.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project). Experience with Timberline software is highly preferred. Must also possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work effectively with minimum supervision, and multi-task between administrative, operational and customer contact activities.
- Must be achievement-driven and possess the initiative to proactively approach problem solving. Possess the ability to work diplomatically under stressful conditions and pressure.
- Working knowledge of the basic materials used in the construction industry.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural blueprints/drawings and specifications.
Contact for more info and to apply.