Business Development Associate - Hiring in Green BayPrimary responsibilities are to generate new sales and expand existing customer base. The Business Development Associate will also be prospecting, scheduling meetings, closing deals, negotiating contracts, building and maintaining long-term client and employee relationships, and regularly conduct business at construction job sites.
The Business Development Associate is expected to: maximize results by systematically managing an Account Plan driven to produce by increasing sales to existing accounts, work the DeLeers System for the customer, educate the customer through structured training, promote customer relations by soliciting feedback and respond to the customer at any hour.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively prospects, contacts, influences, and supports new business development. Identifies prospective customers by effectively following leads.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with prospective builders. Conducts quality sales account meetings. Quality meetings are defined as meetings that move the buying process forward and are indicated by a clear commitment objective and substantial notes outlining the outcome of the meeting and conveying the next activity that must be scheduled.
- Focuses on new customer/client acquisitions targeting key areas and clientele in accordance with the business plan in order to drive results and meet established goals. Depending on sales volume, a high percentage of meetings should be with prospects and infrequent buyers.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with existing customers. Effectively matches the best solutions to current and prospective customer needs by listening carefully and taking the time to thoroughly understand customers’ issues. Executes needs assessment for customers and prospects through probing questions, proper research and utilizing all resources available.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner while facilitating, negotiating, coordinating, and closing of construction sales.
- Handles all customer and prospect requests in a timely and professional manner and uses all internal resources to resolve any challenges ensuring a “very satisfied” customer.
- Works closely with drafters/designers to develop plans to satisfy prospects’ and customers’ needs and presents solutions to prospects and customers. Provides complete and accurate information in a neat, concise and readable format.
- Works closely with estimators to ensure timely, accurate quoting on all job projects bids.
- Coordinates with Project Managers, design department, estimating department in order to ensure a smooth process for all builders.
- Maintains awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems; recognizes trends that develop, makes appropriate recommendations to Director.
- Creates and presents accurate, high-quality, professional proposals and presentations for our customers, potential prospects, outside parties, and management when necessary.
- Monitors and reports all prospect and sales activities/results (weekly, monthly, annually) in order to track against established goals and objectives.
- Enters all required data into CRM at regular intervals as outlined in established procedures.
- Works closely with Director to coordinate efforts with internal/external marketing resources according to annual marketing plan goals.
- Provides input and feedback for the process of setting annual strategic marketing goals based on industry knowledge, research and trends.
- Recommends and develops new tactics and strategies to complement marketing plan based on industry, economy and competitive trends. Conducts ongoing market research in target niche areas, and works with Director to continually define new target market areas and establish guidelines for desired job projects.
- Works closely with Director to monitor and analyze sales trends and forecasts in order to reach the short and long term sales goals established. Recommends annual sales targets based on sales statistics for future business development and growth opportunities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends and actively participates in weekly sales meetings.
- Attends and represents DeLeers Construction, Inc. at community events, industry and sales related shows, conferences, and trade association meetings.
- Keeps current in market and industry trends, regulatory developments, and economic indicators by reading published information and attending authorized trainings and/or participating in company training programs as required, in order to develop targeted sales initiatives and/or respond proactively to emerging customer issues, and to enhance the quality and efficiency of service to current and potential customers.
- Performs any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
SUCCESS IN POSITION WILL INCLUDE:
- Technical Account Management – Ability to technically manage accounts utilizing CRM, Outlook, Timberline estimating and other tools provided for account management.
- New Business Development – Brings new business to the company, and consistently builds a deeper customer base.
- Sales Engineers – Knows company offerings and is able to use offerings in combinations to meet customer needs and improve income generation.
- Technical Representation – Understands and can apply technical knowledge of the build industry to help resolve customer problems.
- Solutions Representative – Is creative and knowledgeable to create solutions for customer’s problems. Understands in depth or researches in depth the needs of customer, including building end use needs, financing needs, ROI, maintenance, environmental considerations, etc.
- Product Line Representative – Completely understands our product line and is comfortable selling /cross-selling product offerings.
- Sales Management – Manages the sales process from beginning to end, and then manages continued relationship with the customer.
- Warranty Provider-Manages installation and warranty and post service relationships with the customers. Does not allow customer to go unassisted by other DeLeers departments.
- Relationship Manager- Manages the relationship between the customer and DeLeers Construction or independent DeLeers division. Acts as needed as a host, liaison, coach, educator, empathetic listener, and problem solver and case manager for a customer before, during and after their build experience. Resolves concerns before they become complaints, foresees project challenges and utilizes consultative selling techniques to help customer through them.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Has a degree or is pursuing a degree in sales, marketing, business or related field, and/or at least 5+ years of experience in sales, preferably in a commercial construction or new home sales related environment. Extensive knowledge of construction industry and exterior building concepts required. Proven ability to understand construction-related processes and procedures (i.e. reading/interpreting blueprints, materials, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships in a sales role in a construction-related industry. Personal presence and confidence to establish immediate trust with new clients and build long-term client relationships. Proven selling ability with emphasis on building and maintaining business relationships and applying negotiation skills.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to immediately educate the client on what you and the company bring to the project, and close the sale.
- Must be familiar with local building codes, industry standards and inspection requirements to ensure appropriate compliance with rules/regulations at all times.
- Knowledge of and skills in computer usage and industry-associated (drafting/design, project management, scheduling, sales tracking) software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, CRM). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to respond and “turn on a dime” in a sometimes fluid and demanding world.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
Contact for more info and to apply.