Business Development Associate* Hiring for positions in Green Bay.
Primary responsibilities are to generate new sales and expand existing customer base. The Business Development Associate will also be prospecting, scheduling meetings, closing deals, negotiating contracts, building and maintaining long-term client and employee relationships, and regularly conduct business at construction job sites.
The Business Development Associate is expected to: maximize results by systematically managing an Account Plan driven to produce by increasing sales to existing accounts, work the DeLeers System for the customer, educate the customer through structured training, promote customer relations by soliciting feedback and respond to the customer at any hour.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively prospects, contacts, influences, and supports new business development. Identifies prospective customers by effectively following leads. The Business Development Associate is expected to cultivate and manage their own pipeline to supply the majority of leads.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with prospective customers. Conducts quality sales account meetings. Quality meetings are defined as meetings that move the buying process forward and are indicated by a clear commitment objective and substantial notes outlining the outcome of the meeting and conveying the next step in the DeLeers process.
- Focuses on new customer/client acquisitions targeting key areas and clientele in accordance with the guidance of management in order to drive results and meet established goals. Depending on sales volume, a high percentage of meetings should be with prospects and infrequent buyers.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with existing customers. Effectively matches the best solutions to current and prospective customer needs by listening carefully and taking the time to thoroughly understand customers’ issues. Executes needs assessment for customers and prospects through probing questions, proper research and utilizing all resources available.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner while facilitating, negotiating, coordinating, and closing of construction sales.
- Handles all customer and prospect requests in a timely and professional manner and uses all internal resources to resolve any challenges ensuring a “very satisfied” customer.
- Works closely with drafters/designers to develop plans to satisfy prospects’ and customers’ needs and presents solutions to prospects and customers. Provides complete and accurate information in a neat, concise and readable format.
- Delivers necessary information to estimators to ensure timely, accurate quoting on all project bids.
- Reviews estimates for accuracy and high-risk areas and discuss concerns with estimating prior to presentation with owner. Estimator remains the final decision maker with regards to labor, material, and equipment allocation in the estimate.
- Reviews net margins with estimators and senior leadership when applicable. Provides knowledge of competition, customer cost expectations, and a suggested net margin. Senior leadership makes the final decision on net margin.
- Coordinates with Project Managers, design department, estimating department in order to ensure a smooth process for all customers.
- Maintains awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems; recognizes trends that develop, makes appropriate recommendations to Sales Team.
- Creates and presents accurate, high-quality, professional proposals and presentations for our customers, potential prospects, outside parties, and management when necessary.
- Monitors and reports all prospect and sales activities/results (weekly, monthly, annually) in order to track against established goals and objectives.
- Works closely with Business Development Leadership to coordinate efforts with internal/external marketing resources according to annual marketing plan goals.
- Provides input and feedback for the process of setting annual strategic marketing goals based on industry knowledge, research and trends.
- Recommends and develops new tactics and strategies to complement marketing plan based on industry, economy and competitive trends. Conducts ongoing market research in target niche areas, and works with Business Development Leadership to continually define new target market areas and establish guidelines for desired job projects.
- Works closely with Business Development Leadership to monitor and analyze sales trends and forecasts in order to reach the short and long term sales goals established. Recommends annual sales targets based on sales statistics for future business development and growth opportunities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends and actively participates in weekly sales meetings.
- Attends and represents DeLeers Construction, Inc. at community events, industry and sales-related shows, conferences, and trade association meetings.
- Keeps current in market and industry trends, regulatory developments, and economic indicators by reading published information and attending authorized trainings and/or participating in company training programs as required, in order to develop targeted sales initiatives and/or respond proactively to emerging customer issues, and to enhance the quality and efficiency of service to current and potential customers.
- Performs any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
SUCCESS IN POSITION WILL INCLUDE:
- The ability to technically manage accounts utilizing CRM, Outlook, Timberline estimating, and other tools provided for account management.
- Consistently maintaining a bias toward hunting for new customers rather than relying on leads to be brought to them by the company.
- Cultivating and maintaining long term relationships with prospective clients or Trade partners. Acts as a referral or resource when necessary in order to develop and maintain successful contacts.
- Identifying and developing key relationships with companies or clients that will provide recurring business opportunities.
- Possessing the work ethic and drive to go above and beyond typical workdays to specifically target and cultivate strategic personal relationships. (I.e. attending meetings and/or special events on nights, weekends, etc. in order to develop contacts and relationships.)
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the building industry at a level that allows them to portray confidence to the customer.
- Being creative and knowledgeable to generate solutions for customer’s problems. Understanding in-depth or researching in-depth the needs of customers, including building end-use needs, financing needs, ROI, maintenance, environmental considerations, etc.
- Completely understanding our product line and being comfortable selling /cross-selling product offerings.
- Guiding the customer through the sales system while maintaining a positive relationship with the customer now and into the future.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Has a degree or is pursuing a degree in sales, marketing, business or related field, and/or at least 5 years of experience in sales.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships in a sales role. Personal presence and confidence to establish immediate trust with new clients and build long-term client relationships. Proven selling ability with emphasis on building and maintaining business relationships and applying negotiation skills.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to actively listen to the client’s needs and educate the client on what you and the company bring to the project, and close the sale.
- Knowledge of computer usage and industry-associated (drafting/design, project management, scheduling, sales tracking) software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a commitment to continuous improvement in:
- Email communications
- Phone or in-person communications
- Striving for excellence in spelling and grammar
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a professional persona and appearance.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works closely with management team members, other Business Development Associates and all other company employees. This position interacts frequently with external customers (both prospective and current). Has frequent access to confidential customer information and records. Works as an integral part of the DeLeers Construction team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment and/or setting; however, some time could be spent in the field with construction crew employees where an exposure to injury exists. Hours of work will generally be during regular DeLeers Construction business hours; however, there will be some variation in work hours to include nights and weekends due to customer availability and schedules, deadlines, and other customer issues and concerns that may arise. Occasional out-of-town and overnight business travel is required for company business and/or educational purposes, by auto or air travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or grip; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.