Carpenter - Entry LevelAre you looking to build a successful career in construction? Join us at DeLeers Construction where you can learn from highly skilled craftspeople and develop a solid foundation for life long satisfaction!
While under the supervision of and training with an experienced carpenter the entry-level carpenter will assist with the proper performing tasks involving physical labor at residential and commercial construction job projects. Constructs, erects, installs, and/or repairs structures and fixtures made from wood and other various materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Construct and repair structural woodwork and equipment.
- Cut and shape materials to prescribed measurements using hand and power tools.
- Anchor and braces forms, and other structures in place using such fasteners as nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges and timbers.
- Builds and/or repairs frameworks, floors, doors, cabinets and other wooden fixtures.
- Lay out and install interior and exterior trim using hand and power tools.
- Construct rough wooden frameworks; installs rough window and door frames, partitions, sub-flooring, and sheathing on outer walls and roofs.
- Inspects all work to ensure quality and accuracy and make necessary adjustments.
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations, and maintain a safe environment
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Always take responsibility for the care and use of all company-owned equipment
- Perform any special assignments or projects as requested by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or it's equivalent
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Must be able to travel out-of-town for various job projects and stay overnight when required.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Walk, prolonged standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move 25+ pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Email [email protected] for a full detailed description of the position