* Hiring for positions in Green Bay, Door County, & Northern WI
Responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at residential and commercial construction job projects. Constructs, erects, installs, and/or repairs structures and fixtures made from wood and other various materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare job project layout and assists in determining dimensions and materials required.
- Constructs and repairs structural woodwork and equipment working from blueprints, drawings, or instructions.
- Cuts and shapes materials to prescribed measurements using hand and power tools.
- Anchors and braces forms, and other structures in place using such fasteners as nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges and timbers.
- Builds and/or repairs frameworks, floors, doors, cabinets and other wooden fixtures used in residential and commercial buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools.
- Lays out and installs moldings, baseboards, doorframes, doors, windows, paneling, cabinets, hardwood floors, stairs, partitions, and other interior and exterior trim using hand and power tools.
- Constructs rough wooden frameworks for buildings; installs rough window and door frames, partitions, sub-flooring, and sheathing on outer walls and roofs.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level. Builds concrete forms, scaffolds, platforms, screening fences, and temporary shelters on the job site.
- Finishes surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings, using paint, hand tools, and paneling.
- Inspects all work to ensure quality and accuracy with levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment, and make necessary adjustments.
- Maintains accurate labor records, charge out materials and landfill tickets properly tracking them to the appropriate job. Scans in to correct cost codes.
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and always maintain a safe and clean environment on the jobsite.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times as they are outlined in the DeLeers Construction, Inc. Employee Handbook.
- Always take responsibility for the care and use of all company-owned equipment which is part of the day-to-day work function.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner, and always exhibit courteous and respectful behavior on the jobsite (to fellow co-workers, subcontractors, customers, etc.).
- Participate in company training programs and attend authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating.
- Perform any special assignments or projects as requested by the Field Operations Manager, or other members of management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works closely with carpenter and painter superintendents and all other carpenters and painters. This position occasionally interacts with external customers. Works as an integral part of DeLeers team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Educational background equivalent to a high school education with some course work in skilled crafts or trades training, similar work experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to read and comprehend basic written instructions, read a ruler, and have a good basic math skills and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have good knowledge of the materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction and repair of houses, buildings, or other structures, and the ability to work safely with all types of hand and power tools.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision, and complete daily activities according to established work schedule. Must be able to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Must be able to climb elevations and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to travel out-of-town for various job projects and stay overnight when required.
- Must hold, or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.