Field Operations Manager - Hiring in Green Bay
The Field Operations Manager is responsible for providing direct management support and day-to-day direction to field operations staff in order to ensure that construction projects are completed within approved schedules and budgets, conform to established specifications, and meet desired quality standards. This position will be accountable for the management and oversight of all field construction related services to include all construction/carpentry and painting crews.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for operational performance of field construction and painting crews.
- Contribute to the growth, development, and improvement of the organization as a member of the operations leadership team.
- Direct and coordinate various programs related to Lean Construction and Continuous Process Improvement
- Lead and monitor direct reports to accomplish operational goals.
- Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with project managers and scheduler in order to facilitate weekly scheduling of field operations personnel such that the staffing needs of all active projects are fulfilled appropriately.
- Provide project managers with necessary and timely input regarding project costs including labor, materials, and sub-contractors.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of field work standards, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in the process of hiring, training, developing, and appraising field operations personnel. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company Human Resources input and policies.
- Create and maintain an environment supported by trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Work closely with Controller to prepare and then control field operations budget.
- Effectively communicate company vision, goals and strategic plans to the field operations staff.
- Facilitate team problem solving and collaboration.
- Provide leadership for direct reports and staff through effective communication, coaching, training, and development.
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth in the DeLeers Construction Safety Manual.
- Ensure field operations compliance with all company policies.
- Work with leadership on researching possible company labor force growth and workforce planning.
- Work with scheduler and Project Managers to regularly review labor hours on projects and be proactive to prevent labor overages.
- Provide information on productivity to Estimating Team Leader.
- Assist with the development and tracking of key performance metrics.
- Monitor equipment type, purchases, usage, inspection, maintenance on project.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fosters teamwork and open communication at all levels of the organization. Uses supportive, positive statements and stays open to constructive suggestions. Always represents the company in a professional and positive manner.
- Keeps current in industry trends, standards, products, and technology by reading published information and attending authorized training and/or participating in company training programs as required, in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of service to current and potential clients.
- Performs any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works closely with all outside field operations crews (superintendents, crew leaders, carpenters, and painters), project managers, external customers and internal management team members. Interacts as an essential part of the operations leadership team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Associate degree in Construction Management, business or related field, and/or preferably at least ten years’ experience in building construction trades with some supervision experience.
- Extensive knowledge of construction industry required. Must be familiar with local building codes, industry standards and inspection requirements to ensure appropriate compliance with rules/regulations at all times.
- Must possess knowledge of business, financial and management principles and practices.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software (including Microsoft Office, word processing, accounting/spreadsheets, estimating, project management and scheduling programs). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines in a team environment; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must have assertive personality with ethics and integrity; proven leadership skills and the ability to coach and teach others as well as apply innovative and effective management techniques to drive results.
Work is performed both in an office environment and out in the field on jobsites with construction crew employees where an exposure to injury exists. There will be some variation in work hours due to project work levels, deadlines, and other customer issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb on ladders and stairways, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Contact for more info and to apply.