Human Resources Coordinator - Green BayResponsible for assisting department Director with carrying out and administering all human resources policies, procedures, programs, and services; including: recruitment and selection, employee relations, training, compensation, benefits, work-life/wellness programs, safety and workers compensation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts all new employee orientations; works closely with Director on coordinating and/or conducting pre-employment background checks, and reference checks.
- Assists with the administration of all benefit programs (medical, dental, life, disability, FSA, 401k) to include employee enrollment processing, claims resolution, change reporting, and reviewing/approving invoices for payment. Ensures the accuracy of all employee benefit enrollments in the online carrier administration systems in order to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Responds to benefit inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollment questions, status changes and any other general benefit inquiries.
- Works closely with Director on processing and administering all leave of absence requests. (FMLA, disability, etc.)
- Assists Director with coordination of annual benefits open enrollment process. Distributes materials, collects and tracks all required paperwork for new benefit year.
- Helps to monitor employee performance appraisal program; tracks due dates and collects all appropriate forms for filing.
- Participates in recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel (excluding managerial levels and above); and helps to coordinate the use of temporary employees. Maintains other records, reports, and logs pertaining to applicant tracking and flow procedures.
- Prepares and maintains all employee personnel files and updates as required for any personal or benefit changes.
- Assists Director in the preparation and updating of Employee Handbook and company policies as needed.
- Serves as an HR Department contact person for managers/foreman/team leaders and employees on policies to ensure consistency throughout policy implementation.
- Work closely with Director to manage the preparation and drafting of job descriptions for all positions in the organization. Assist with updating job descriptions as needed and ensure they are available to all employees.
- Assists payroll department with maintaining time, attendance; monitors daily attendance reporting, and coordinates time and attendance with all team leaders/supervisors.
- Assists in scheduling and coordination of organizational training and development efforts.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Responds to external calls for employment verification.
- Assists the Manager of First Impressions in the planning and coordination of all employee-related functions and events. (Luncheons, company meetings, annual gatherings, etc.).
- Processes necessary paperwork for all terminated employees in a timely fashion to ensure compliance with regulations concerning benefit notification.
- Maintains all necessary workers’ compensation documentation (OSHA logs, etc.), completing reports quickly and accurately when necessary and coordinating paperwork required from insurance carrier.
- Serves as Safety Coordinator and assists in ensuring all employees are adequately trained in required safety programs.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in company training programs and attends authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Performs any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Interacts regularly with Management, Supervisors, Team Leaders and all company employees. Interacts as an essential part of the Human Resources team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in human resources or related field, and/or at least two years experience in HR, employee relations or benefits administration. Experience may be substituted for the education.
- At least 3 years of customer service experience.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated HRIS/Payroll software including demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work effectively with minimum supervision, and multi-task between administrative, operational and employee contact activities.
- Must have well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR matters in a professional and confidential manner.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment; however, some time will be spent in the production areas with shop employees where a minimal exposure to injury exists. Hours of work will generally be during regular DeLeers business hours; however, there will be some variation in work hours due to work levels, deadlines, and other employee-related issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Contact for more info and to apply.