* Hiring for positions in Green Bay.
The Painting Manager is responsible for the division’s operational performance in the areas of scheduling, project management and quality. Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude all painting job projects effectively, efficiently and profitably. The Division Manager is also responsible for leading and managing all Painters. Additional responsibilities will include scheduling client meetings, requesting pricing from suppliers, selecting products/methods for projects, building and maintaining long-term client and employee relationships.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all areas of division operations including work schedules, jobs, employees, and customers. They are also involved in the planning of job projects for painting crew and the delegation of appropriate work tasks and duties according to skill levels and experience.
- Works closely with whole painting team members to plan and accomplish a job from start to finish; with emphasis on the use of drawings, specifications, schedules, and other essential instructions. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Provides leadership for the division through effective communication, coaching, and training.
- Effectively communicate company goals and strategic plans to division staff.
- Works to continually improve efficient use of manpower and other resources.
- Works closely with BDAs, Estimating team, PMs, Service Division Manager, and Service Account Managers to ensure appropriate information is converted from job estimate to proposal, and to ensure the timely completion and submission of all job proposals.
- Organizes, coordinates, leads and trains painting crew employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe. Ensures painting job is completed according to project specifications and that quality meets scope expectations.
- Manages and coordinates the scheduling and work flow on job projects and keep all projects on schedule with input from Painters. Scheduling will include labor, materials, subcontractors needed, and notifying customers if needed.
- Communicates change orders to ensure they are correctly billed.
- Performs a post project completion courtesy call to ensure customer is satisfied with work and no loose ends exist.
- Tracks job results against projected budget.
- Facilitates the process of setting annual strategic goals for the division with input from Director of Operations.
- Works collaboratively with Director of Operations on future business planning and short/long-term division goals as they relate to overall goals of DeLeers Construction.
- Formulates, recommend, and implement policies, procedures, and programs which guide the division in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of policy and procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of division processes. Assist with development of new processes and systems to track and monitor sales, projects, etc. (customer tracking & scheduling systems, sales tracking, business plans, etc.)
- Work closely with managers/team leaders in other departments, such as business development, estimating, operations and project management, on updating policies and procedures for overall client services, and developing better systems to enhance service.
- Direct and coordinate various programs related to Lean Construction and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Director of Operations to hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively.
- Take corrective action with staff, as necessary, on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with existing customers.
- Represents DeLeers Construction and Painting Division in a professional manner.
- Handles all customer and prospect requests in a timely and professional manner and uses all internal resources to resolve any challenges.
- Researches and selects product and method for projects, utilizing all resources available
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster teamwork and open communication at all levels of the organization. Uses supportive, positive statements and stays open to constructive suggestions. Always represents the company in a professional and positive manner.
- Keep current in industry trends, standards, products, and technology by reading published information and attending authorized training and/or participating in company training programs as required, in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of service to current and potential clients.
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
The Painting Managers works closely with all other department employees and members of management. This position interacts regularly with internal and external customers. Frequently has access to confidential customer information and records. Works as an integral part of DeLeers Construction Inc. team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in business or related field, and/or at least five years’ experience in a painting lead or supervisor position environment.
- Must have considerable knowledge of the standard materials, methods, practices, hand and power tools, equipment and techniques associated with the painting trade. Proven ability to understand construction-related processes and procedures (i.e. reading/interpreting blueprints, materials, etc.)
- Considerable knowledge of safety standards/precautions pertaining to painting and ability to read and follow SDS recommendations and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships in a construction-related industry. Personal presence and confidence to establish immediate trust with new clients and build long-term client relationships.
- Possess strong knowledge of product and methods used in the industry.
- Must be familiar with local building codes, industry standards and inspection requirements to ensure appropriate compliance with rules/regulations at all times.
- Knowledge of and skills in computer usage and industry-associated (project management, scheduling) software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work effectively with minimum supervision, and multi-task between administrative, operational and client contact activities.
- Must be achievement-driven and possess the initiative to proactively approach problem solving. Possess the ability to work diplomatically under stressful conditions and pressure.
Work is performed primarily at job sites and/or customer (home or business). Hours of work will generally be during regular DeLeers Construction business hours. There will be some variation in work hours due to job project work levels, deadlines, other customer issues and concerns that may arise, tradeshows, association meetings and events, and trainings. Occasional out-of-town and overnight may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach overhead with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Prolonged standing, climbing, reaching/working overhead, bending and kneeling are also required regularly. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.