* Hiring for positions in Green Bay.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating a wide variety of construction projects, including the building and remodeling of all types of commercial structures. The Project Manager will provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including costs/finances, coordinating workers, material, and equipment, insuring that specifications are being followed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully reviews and comprehends drawings and specifications.
- Follows proper company procedures for hand-offs, job progress and close-out meetings
- Reviews submittals for conformance to contract documents before approving.
- Designates responsibilities with all involved personnel.
- Accurately project and manage labor/equipment needs.
- Work effectively with Project Team and maintain strong relationship with owner,
- Regularly conducts jobsite meetings to ensure details are addressed and progress is on schedule typically weekly but no less than bi-weekly with Superintendents, Trade Partners, owners, and others as needed.
- Ensures compliance with DeLeers Construction company policies and safety procedures.
- Procures all permits and interfaces with governing authorities for inspections and approvals.
- Reviews and approve for contract all subcontractor and vendor quotes to confirm compliance with project requirements.
- Works with other PMs, Estimating team and Superintendents to recognize underperforming subcontractors timely with project notifications.
- Administer and oversee the procurement of all materials.
- Handles miscellaneous owner requests with professionalism with a sense of urgency and adapt to client personalities.
- Understands and delivers client expectations.
- Review project bulletins and identifies scope of work changes.
- Processes and approve monthly progress, vendor and trade partner billings accurately and on time.
- Manages project costs and works to minimize overruns and maximize profit.
- Lead team when questions and/or conflicts arise with the architect, owner or subcontractors
- Understands systems, software, information and equipment needed.
- Oversee onsite job safety, review safety inspections with superintendent, works on resolving safety concerns, and issues written documentation of safety violations to subcontractors.
- Make safety a subject for each job progress meeting and records in minutes.
- Manages changes to work scope on a monthly basis.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recognizes and promptly advises upper management of problems.
- Provide regular feedback to estimating department in regards to production rates, subcontractor performance, new products on the market, etc.
- Recognizes and pursues additional opportunities that may present themselves.
- Keeps current in industry trends, standards, products, and technology
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures are followed
- Performs any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, business or related field,
- 5 years experience assisting or supervising construction projects
- Must be familiar with local building codes, industry standards and inspection requirements to ensure appropriate compliance with rules/regulations at all times.
- Experience with PC usage and associated software. (Blue Beam, MS Project, Excel)
- Ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Budget estimating and project scheduling skills required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required,
- Analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable and cost-effective solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with all parties involved in construction projects.
Work is split between an office environment and time spent in the field (outside) with construction crew employees on jobsites, where a minimal exposure to injury exists. Hours of work will generally be during regular DeLeers Construction business hours. There will be some variation in work hours due to project work levels, deadlines, and other customer issues. For example, evenings and/or weekends (especially Saturdays) when necessary to meet with customers. Occasional out-of-town and overnight business travel is required for company business and/or educational purposes, by auto or air travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb on ladders and stairways; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.