Senior Accountant - Hiring in Green BayResponsible for planning and directing cost accounting activities; computing and preparing data for journal entries, reviewing and analyzing general ledger and related financial statements for reasonableness; assisting with the preparation of financial statements, ledgers, reports and taxes. Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable as well as processing necessary reports for financial statements. Responsible for preparing and entering all necessary payroll data into appropriate system for processing of bi-weekly payroll by third party payroll service vendor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily cash management reporting and cash management projections.
- Enter general ledger postings and other miscellaneous direct job costs. Prepare accruals and perform GL posting monthly, as well as monthly/year-end reconciliations.
- Review all financial data at month end to identify any incorrect, unusual, or unexplained account balances. Ensure that financial statements tie out and balance.
- Prepare supporting information for annual insurance renewal, attend to operational insurance needs such as adding vehicles, claim filing, worker’s compensation, research insurance related questions, educate company on insurance matters, process bond requests, etc.
- Prepare monthly work in process (WIP) worksheet and reports in preparation for monthly financial statement.
- Provide a means of tracking and reporting company and department production measurements.
- Assist with annual budget preparation. Collect monthly data and distribute monthly budget reports.
- Develop, determine and communicate cost standards in a manner which aids production management decision-making and marketing management with pricing decisions.
- Record customer payments and make deposits to the bank.
- Work with Project Managers to prepare monthly billings.
- Verify all contract change orders and update all contract information to prepare for monthly invoicing.
- Collect and maintain material lien waivers including second tier providers.
- Setup billing spreadsheet for non-contract jobs and setup progress billings and schedule of values for AIA documents.
- Call customers and collect past due invoices if necessary.
- Enter invoices in accounts payable module.
- Maintain vendor files with current W-9 and company information.
- Prepare year end 1099’s for vendors as required.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and correspond with vendors when needed.
- Assist in month end closing with a reconciled AP report.
- Coordinate the collection of all bi-weekly employee payroll data and enter into system for third party payroll processing. Including all 401k data uploads for payroll and reporting.
- Monitor cost systems and provide solutions for problems identified. Audit cost systems and alert management to accountability issues.
- Setup new jobs as directed by sales or Project Managers. Import estimates into job cost system.
- Tie out all job costs imports to general ledger account.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Operations focus on continuous improvement while streamlining reporting requirements.
- Perform sales and use tax processing and reporting.
- Attend meetings as requested and assist Controller with new projects and monthly financial statement processing.
- Participate in company training programs and attend authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works closely with other members of finance/accounting and administration group. Interacts regularly with Project Managers, Production Management staff, Field Operations and Estimating staff and with other internal management team members. Interacts as an essential part of the finance team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business related field, and/or preferably at least three years accounting experience in manufacturing or construction-related environment. Previous experience with cost accounting in an mfg/construction environment is preferred
- Must have considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Possess a working understanding of financial statements, cost variances and cost drivers, and inventory methods.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access). Experience working with integrated accounting software packages is required. (Sage 300 CRE software is a plus, but not required). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to proactively solve problems and deal with a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work effectively with minimum supervision, and multi-task. Must be achievement-driven and possess the ability to work diplomatically under stressful conditions and pressure.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment; however, some time could be spent in production areas with shop employees where a minimal exposure to injury exists. There will be some variation in work hours due to job project work levels, deadlines, and other customer demands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Contact for more info and to apply.