* Hiring for positions in Green Bay & Milwaukee.
Responsible for the oversight and coordination of all field activities related to the physical construction on residential and/or commercial construction job projects which you are assigned. The individual in this position is expected to function as the onsite representative and liaison for DeLeers Service Division, acting on behalf of the company with owners to help resolve problems or conflicts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews all job specifications to determine a cost-effective plan and progress schedule for completion of project.
- Compiles accurate materials lists and orders materials required to be on hand to ensure project can be completed according to established deadlines and time schedules.
- Acts as team leader for onsite crew (all trades).
- Participates in the physical completion of the job project. Including performing required carpentry duties, demolition work, climbing, lifting, sweeping, and operating all necessary hand and power tools/equipment.
- Responsible for subcontractor and Service Tech work to be completed on time and to specifications. Approves quality work to ensure it meets DeLeers standards and expectations.
- Communicates job progress to Service Division Manager and customer(s).
- Modifies schedule on a continuing basis with the Service Division Manager.
- Communicates regularly with the Service Division Manager and Accounting dept. to discuss changes coming from subcontractors, owners, or unforeseen conditions. Maintains change order records.
- Maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Maintains accurate time log.
- Ensures job is completed according to project specifications and established timeframe.
- Completes a final inspection with the customer to ensure that the quality meets their expectations and obtains a signature on the Customer Sign-Off Form.
- Responsible for turning in job folder to the Service Division Manager and completing Job Flow Efficiency Form.
- Reads and responds to email messages and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and always maintain a safe and clean environment on the jobsite.
- Continuously generates ideas to improve the process.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of warehouse and company vehicles.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all company policies and procedures are followed at all times as they are outlined in the DeLeers Construction, Inc. Employee Handbook.
- Always take responsibility for the care and use of all company-owned equipment which is part of the day-to-day work function.
- Represents DeLeers Construction in a professional manner, and always exhibit courteous and respectful behavior on the jobsite (to fellow co-workers, subcontractors, customers, etc.).
- Participate in company training programs and attend authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating
- Perform any special assignments or projects as requested by the Service Division Manager, or other members of management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works closely with all internal and external trade workers. This position also interacts regularly with external customers. Works as an integral part of DeLeers team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive carpentry experience and knowledge in order to manage construction projects (residential and commercial) as assigned. Extensive knowledge of the materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction and repair of houses, buildings, or other structures, and the ability to work safely with all types of hand and power tools.
- General knowledge of work performed by other construction trades.
- Proven ability to read and comprehend basic written instructions, read a ruler, and have a good basic math skills and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed blueprints, job specifications, and shop drawings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must possess the ability to direct and cooperate with a variety of other people. Must be able to interact professionally and effectively with owners and architects. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and complete daily activities according to established work schedule.
- Ability to use computers effectively and efficiently on a regular basis and understand how to work with computer software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision, and complete daily activities according to established work schedule.
- Must be able to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Must be able to climb to heights of up to 35 ft. and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must hold, or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment, and have the ability to operate a forklift (once certified), and various types of other power lifts if required.