* Hiring for positions in Green Bay and Door County
Responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at residential and commercial construction job projects. Constructs, erects, installs, and/or repairs fixtures made from wood and other various materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cut and shape materials to prescribed measurements using hand and power tools.
- Anchor and braces forms, and other structures in place using such fasteners as nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges and timbers.
- Lay out and install exterior trim/siding using hand and power tools.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Inspects all work to ensure quality and accuracy and make necessary adjustments.
- Follows all established safety rules and regulations, and maintain a safe environment
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Always take responsibility for the care and use of all company-owned equipment
- Perform any special assignments or projects as requested by Management, Supervisor or Leads.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Course work in skilled crafts or trades training or experience in the field.
- Must be dependable and be available for scheduled hours
- Proven ability to read/hear and comprehend basic written and verbal instructions.
- Proven ability to work as a team.
- Basic math skills that pertain to the construction industry including fractions and the ability to read a tape measure.
- Must have good knowledge of the materials, methods, and tools involved in construction.
- Understand the safe and right use of power and hand tools of the trade.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to climb elevations and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Able to work at heights and up ladders and platforms.
- Must be able to travel out-of-town for various job projects and stay overnight when required.
- Must hold, or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Both indoors and outdoors and subject to variable weather conditions
- Primarily physical and often strenuous.
- Frequent work with moving mechanical parts, sharp or rough materials, sharp tools, power equipment, and working in situations where there is risk of slips and falls.
- Hours of work will generally average 40 to 44 hours a week.
- Some variation in work hours or workdays due to project work levels, deadlines, weather, and other customer needs.
- Walk, prolonged standing, climbing, bending and kneeling
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move 25+ pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.