Trades Partner Relationship Manager & Estimating Team LeaderThe Trades Partner Relationship Manager and Estimating Team Lead is responsible for assisting Project Estimators with plan and scope review, obtaining competitive quotes, analyzing quotes from suppliers and subcontractors. This position is also responsible for scheduling or coordinating bidding for the department, as well as reviewing all project estimates with Project Estimators and Business Development Associates before presenting costs to a client. The individual in this position will also be expected to help establish and maintain ongoing relationships with existing trade partners while continually seeking out new trade partner relationships.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurture existing and develop new, trade partner relationships.
- Assist assigned project estimators with getting the competitive quotes through developed trade partner relationships.
- Review estimates for accuracy and ensure that all information necessary to the bid preparation is ready for submission.
- Maintain complete understanding and knowledge of DeLeers pricing policies.
- Determine standard vs. non-standard pricing and material based on the specifications of the project and ensure that any special pricing has been confirmed.
- Assist Business Development Associates and Project Estimator in the assembly of project budgets.
- Provide support and assistance to value-engineer proposals and/or design elements, and assist in buyout research.
- Read and review blueprints/plans and interpret them in order to determine all trade responsibilities.
- Review project estimator’s work for accurate and organized project bids, bid invitations, and proposals on time; completes all necessary bid forms; and follow standard listing of bid exclusions per contract.
- Communicate regularly and obtain information from Estimating Team members, Business Development Department and Project Managers as necessary and appropriate.
- Meet with Project Managers and/or Superintendents at the award of a contract to hand off all pertinent information and ensure a smooth transition for new job.
- Assist Project Managers with large change request pricing in a timely manner.
- Work effectively with architects, engineers, project managers and customers.
- Work closely with Business Development Associates to contact and meet with subcontractors to acquire all necessary bids required for a complete bid package.
- Review job costs with Project Estimator, Project Manager and Accounting Dept. to track actual job costs as compared to estimated job costs.
- Meet with Project Manager throughout and at the completion of projects to review job costs.
- Monitor overall bid progress with Project Estimator and Business Development Associates.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work effectively as part of the Estimating Team, sharing information and assisting Project Estimator as requested.
- Always look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Lead department meetings and communications, and ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed as they are outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Keep current in industry standards by reading published information and attending authorized training and/or participating in company training programs as required.
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by the work load or the management team.
- Work load or complexity of a project may require this position to estimate projects start to finish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Five years of construction estimating, engineering or similar experience minimum.
- General knowledge of construction equipment and estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing required.
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts and cost coding systems is essential.
- Trade school certificate/degree in construction or estimating related field preferred.
- Ability to read construction plans, documents, and specifications and comprehend what needs to be done.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Bluebeam software.
- Strong math skills and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a fast paced team environment. Minimum supervision provided when estimating items in own discipline.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
Email HR@DeLeers.com for a full detailed description of the position
Contact for more info and to apply.